GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
As a Senior Python Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining our business function specific data pipelines, datamarts and the APIs that expose this data. You will be working on a range of services that will provide our clients with the data and insights they seek. As a data company, our applications are read-heavy, where the challenge is to provide a large body of insights in a useful, visually engaging and concise manner.
The impact you will have
- You develop, maintain and ensure the quality of code in new and existing APIs and data pipelines.
- You actively participate in the full software development lifecycle from ideation and planning through to development, testing, customer feedback and further iterations.
- You proactively suggest improvements across the whole stack.
- You will build and maintain our backend tech stack of Python, Airflow, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch.
- You collaborate with Product Owners, Data Engineers, Data Scientists and other Software Engineers to expose data through the APIs to our web application and end customers.
- You work with other Software Engineers in adhering and enforcing quality standards across the board, from SonarQube quality gates, through Sentry, Kibana and Grafana for monitoring and alerting, to Great Expectations for ensuring data quality.
What we’re looking for
- Deep knowledge of Python (3.5 and later).
- Experience with one of Flask or FastAPI for developing APIs.
- Experience developing public APIs with OpenAPI specifications and service-level contracts.
- Experience with automating bulk data pipelines through Airflow or other workflow management platforms.
- Experience working with queues, task runners, scheduled jobs and caching.
- Deep knowledge of testing at all levels, from unit testing to end-to-end.
- Strong agile mindset, able to iterate fast and give early feedback.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Desire and eagerness to contribute to the success of the company and grow along with it.
Bonus points for
- AWS experience.
- Knowledge and experience with a data quality frameworks.
- Active member of the Open Source community.
- Experience in the PropTech domain
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization.
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!