GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for a motivated DataOps Engineer to join our Shared Data Services team and work on the development of the services, processes and tools that will enable all teams in GeoPhy to build high quality data products.
You will work alongside Data Analysts, Scientists and Engineers to identify potential improvements to our DataOps processes and the technology stack. By being the first Data Ops Engineer in the team you will see your impact almost instantly after joining. You will propose solutions to problems and recommend the right approach to implement them fast.
You’ll join the stellar Geophy Data Engineering Hub, where you’ll be able to do all of the above while having a lot of fun with colleagues from all over the world, and all the room you need to learn and grow as a world class Data Ops Engineer.
The impact you will have
- Support data engineering/science/analytics teams by building infrastructure and services that will enable them to build data products faster and at higher quality.
- Help the development of our infrastructure and framework for data quality assurance.
- Contribute to decisions about our technology stack, particularly as it relates to end-to-end data flow and automation.
- Work closely with the data Analytics and services team to enable fast access to our datasets and knowledge across the company.
- Support and build tools for better data product alerting, logging, and monitoring.
- Support the orchestration of our data products by improving on our metadata solutions.
- Being a team player and constantly coordinating with the other disciplines to serve our data teams in an efficient and effective manner.
- Contributing to the Data Engineering Hub activities, supporting best practices, knowledge sharing and cross-functional initiatives.
What we’re looking for
- Creative and intellectually curious people with at least 4 years hands-on experience in data engineering and/or software development.
- Professionals that prioritize effective and simple solutions over complete and complex ones.
- Data ops fanatics, with proven experience in building solutions that improve team capabilities to deliver products/solutions faster or at higher quality.
- Generous and flexible team players, with a strong sense of service, that gains energy from enabling people.
- Experienced Python developers.
- Data professionals with excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Good communicators who can understand and get to the bottom of the needs stated by people from different domains and backgrounds.
- Full working proficiency in English.
Bonus points for
- Experience in developing using Scala and Spark.
- Knowledge and experience with a data quality frameworks (such as Great Expectations).
- Experience with orchestrating production workflows in Apache Airflow.
- Working experience with ontologies and data modeling.
- Experience building/adapting web applications that allow for easy human interaction with tools and frameworks.
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization.
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!