GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure on AWS. You will be part of a team creating and maintaining mission critical infrastructure, ensuring availability, performance and security. We use AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform to automate and scale our platform.
The impact you will have
- Design, setup and manage our AWS Services including the fleet of EC2 instances, VPC’s, AWS lambda etc. using Terraform for Infrastructure as Code
- Design, setup and manage deployment environments for Java, Ruby, PHP and Python
- Continually automate, monitor and improve our deployment processes
- Design, setup and manage Docker/Kubernetes
- Identify opportunities and bring solutions to day-to-day challenges
- Explore the AWS product suite to support our business (AWS Neptune, AWS SageMaker etc)
- Contribute in a positive way to the atmosphere within the team
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, ElasticSearch
- Applications: Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, NodeJS
- Web content delivery: Nginx, AWS Cloudfront
- On call duties
What we’re looking for
- Solid AWS knowledge
- Strong knowledge and experience with Kubernetes
- Ability to build reliable and scalable infrastructure via IaC (Terraform)
- Ability to advise technical teams through design and implementation, with a focus on Kubernetes
- Experience in Public Cloud deployments on AWS
- Linux System administration experience
- CLI scripting skills (Bash)
- Working knowledge of system monitoring tools- especially Prometheus
- Independently driven, proactive, accountable, and reliable team player
- Full working proficiency in English
- International mind-set
Bonus points for
- Knowledge on virtualization and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of: Networking, SELinux
- Experience with: CICD tools, Maven, SonarQube, Kafka
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!
GeoPhy is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against characteristics (including but not limited to; gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.) We want everyone working at GeoPhy to treat others with respect and professionalism.
Please note: Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visa’s in the US at this point in time.