GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
As a Geophy Software Architect – Web, you will be responsible for defining our componentized, scalable and flexible web based solutions to deliver value to our customers in an unprecedented speed and convenience. Your scope includes identifying current technical debt, designing and driving a solution to manage it.
As a software architect, you will put your knowledge of systems hardware and software to use creating custom solutions.
You will work closely with developers and programmers although your role will be to guide high-level decisions throughout the design process.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Work collaboratively with product, marketing and engineering teams in understanding the requirements and assist them in delivering the solution.
- Understand the big picture and the various use cases involved while crafting the solution and document them
- Identify the appropriate software architecture for both server-side and client-side solution to achieve the proposed requirement.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Own and maintain the architecture document.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Maintain product roadmap, release schedules and architectural standards that ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Mitigate risks and problem identified in providing the solution.
- Keep an eye out for technology trends, open source projects that can be used.
- Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with web development and low latency web based products.
- Proven experience in Software Architecture domain, with specific focus on Data Integration, Data Provisioning, or Data Management.
- Experience with service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Familiarity with Architecture Delivery Frameworks (e.g. Togaf).
- Experience with PHP and Vue.js.
- Experience with delivery in Agile environments.
- Understanding of Data Scraping / Data Extraction technologies.
- Understanding of geospatial data.
- Strong command of English language.
- Ability to work efficiently in distributed teams.
- Strong technical mentorship skills.
- Ability to quickly acquire new technical skills.
Bonus points for
- Understanding RDF / Semantic Paradigm.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure architecture topics, namely: data pipeline monitoring and execution status visibility scaling of data integration components.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Personal learning budget.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need.
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego.
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!