GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
As a QA Engineer you will be working with one or more teams at GeoPhy, ensuring that teams deliver high quality product, helping your team members to understand and implement quality assurance principles in their working process. You will be supporting your teams in understanding and analysing business requirements, spotting inaccuracies or defects in deliverables, as well as defining and communicating quality metrics for the company’s products to the teams and other stakeholders.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Planning and executing testing efforts depending on the context
- Analysis of functional and technical requirements. Signalling of inconsistent, insufficient or illogical requirements
- Understanding business needs and strategy well enough to be able to perform exploratory testing efficiently
- Performing functional testing (both manual and automated), performance testing (load and stress), regression testing
- Choose and use appropriate test tools (think of Selenium, Postman, JMeter, etc)
- Create and communicate reports that give sufficient insight into the quality of the product(s)
- Define quality metrics which are informative, clear and understandable for everyone in the company
- Take ownership of recording and tracking defects. Support engineers in reproducing and troubleshooting them. Participate in defect triage sessions with relevant stakeholders.
- Support prospects and customers with issues they might have while using GeoPhy’s products.
What we’re looking for
- At least 6 years of QA Engineer experience
- Knowledge of Business-Driven and Risk Based Test Methodologies
- Solid experience with automated testing and related testing tools and frameworks
- Understanding of OOP principles
- Experience with Jira
- You are a team player
- Strong self-learning skills, ability to ask questions and find the right people in the organisation who can answer them
- Don’t expect information to flow into your hands, you will need to actively search for it
- Experience with working in a diverse and distributed environment
- Strong Agile mindset
- Experience working within Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
Bonus points for
- Ability to wrangle data. At GeoPhy we work with big amount of data. Being able to transform data so its format and structure correspond to your needs (for example, when creating test files) is a big plus. If you don’t know how to do this, we will teach you 😉
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Personal learning budget.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need.
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination,
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego.
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!