GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for an expert Quality Assurance Engineer to help bring our testing, continuous integration and deployment solutions to the next level.
As a Principal Quality Assurance Engineer you will be part of our Engineering Productivity Team. You will evangelize best practices for continuous integration and continuous delivery, stressing the importance of quality control in every stage. You will be the go to person regarding the improvement of delivery processes we follow in the organisation. You will directly influence the quality of our deliverables and the trust our customers have in our solutions.
You will join the stellar Geophy Engineering team, where you will be able to do all of the above while having a lot of fun with colleagues from all over the world and all the room you need to learn and grow as a world-class expert in Quality Assurance.
The impact you will have
- Bring testability thinking to early architecture and software design discussions, shaping how we build quality into our systems
- Assess that our solutions are designed and implemented to address relevant architectural concerns (e.g. extensibility, maintainability, scalability, reliability, etc.)
- Evangelise the importance of shift-left mentality and continuous testing
- Regularly assess the health of architecture and systems. Advocate for upgrades, maintenance, and improvements
- Create standards for automated test frameworks for different layers of applications (API, backend, frontend) so as those can be leveraged by all GeoPhy feature teams
- Develop the test strategy for all non-functional aspects of the application (think big – performance, load, security, reliability, scalability… ready for some chaos?)
- Define quality metrics which are informative, clear and understandable
- Build continuous integration and deployment solutions
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years of Software and/or Quality Assurance Engineering experience
- Knowledge of business-driven and risk based test methodologies
- Experience in defining test strategies
- Experience in translating non-functional requirements into continuous test processes
- Awareness of modern observability practices, including distributed tracing, structured logging, and metrics
- Expert experience with automated testing using Junit/TestNG + Cucumber (experience with other tooling is also welcome)
- Experience setting up and building continuous integration and deployment solutions (GitLab, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Experience with containerization, orchestration and cloud technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS etc.)
Bonus points for
- Experience as a team lead/people manager
- Experience with testing data with Great Expectations and other such tools
- Experience in real-estate domain
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!