GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our data science team and work on the development of cutting edge machine learning solutions for automated property valuations, asset recommendations and market forecasting.
You will work alongside data scientists on model development and join forces with data and software engineers to embed those models in production-ready Machine Learning pipelines. You will orchestrate ML production loads in AWS and work with our infrastructure team on our CD4ML efforts.
You’ll actively participate in the development of our data science computing platform and help us moving towards a level 3 MLOps maturity level.
More importantly, you’ll join the stellar Geophy Data Science and Analytics hub, where you’ll be able to do all of the above while having a lot of fun with colleagues from all over the world, and all the room you need to learn and grow as a world class machine learning engineer.
What you’ll be responsible for
- You develop proof-of-concept ML models to solve problems for a variety of data and domains, including entity resolution and linkage, deep learning for similarity learning and market time series forecasting.
- Building machine learning pipelines to deliver predictions in production, at scale.
- You work on the development of the Geophy Data Science computing platform in AWS, our CD4ML tools and model monitoring mechanisms.
- You contribute to decisions about our technology stack, particularly as it relates to end-to-end ML model and data flow and automation.
- Being a team player by constantly coordinating with the other disciplines to deliver excellent products
- Contributing to the Data Science Hub activities, supporting best practices, knowledge sharing and cross-functional initiatives.
What we’re looking for
- Creative and intellectually curious people with hands-on experience in Machine Learning engineering.
- Machine Learning experts, who use Occam’s razor principle as a compass to deliver their solutions and are versatile with respect to the techniques they use (from linear regression to deep learning, through ensembles, factorization machines and kernel machines).
- Rigorous engineers, which value building at scale and delivering at quality, and think of ML integration in software in terms of ML pipelines.
- Distributed computing enthusiasts, with good Spark knowledge and the ability to engineer features out of millions of datapoints.
- MLOPs fanatics, with a good understanding of existing tools to facilitate CI and CD for machine learning models
- Python users, with excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Generous, flexible team players.
- Amazing communicators who can convey the importance of their work to laypersons as well as peers.
- Full working proficiency in English.
- An MSc/PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related subject, or commensurate technical experience.
Bonus points for
- Hands on experience with orchestrating Machine Learning and big data services in AWS (Step Functions, Sagemaker, EMR, S3, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Athena).
- Experience with orchestrating production workflows in Apache Airflow.
- Knowledge of Scala.
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!