GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our engineering team to help build and scale our flagship product – Evra.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will manage all technical aspects of software development, including planning, designing, leading and executing technical solutions and improvements. You will do this by working closely with Product Managers to break down product features into technical requirements, providing estimates, leading agile rituals in the team and as a senior individual contributor where appropriate.
You will join our engineering organisation at a pivotal juncture of growth where you have the opportunity to impact products, people and processes across the organisation.
The impact you will have
- Lead a cross-functional team of Frontend, Backend/API and Quality Assurance engineers to deliver against teams objectives and milestones
- Actively participate in the full software development lifecycle from ideation and planning through to development, testing, customer feedback and further iterations
- Proactively suggest improvements across the whole stack
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Data Engineers, Data Scientists to expose data through the web application
- Build and maintain our backend tech stack of Python, Airflow, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch
- Provide architectural and design direction, control technical debt, promote collaboration and engagement in the Evra product team
- Work closely with other tech leads on cross team topics such as continuous deployment, improving our testing and monitoring, front end user logging, etc
What we’re looking for
- 6 or more years of software development experience, with at least 2 years in leadership roles
- Deep knowledge of Python (3.5 and later)
- Experience developing public APIs with OpenAPI specifications and service-level contracts
- Experience working with map and location libraries (eg. Mapbox)
- Experience with coaching, mentoring and growing team members
- Deep knowledge of testing at all levels, from unit testing to end-to-end
- Strong agile mindset, able to iterate fast and give early feedback
- On top of technical abilities, excellent leadership, decision making and strong communication skills in verbal and written English
Bonus points for
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience building client facing data applications
- Experience with automating bulk data pipelines through Airflow or other workflow management platforms
- Experience in the real-estate domain
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!