GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
As a Tech Lead Engineer in our Data Extraction team you will be responsible for designing, technical planning, building and maintaining tooling for the extraction of data from a variety of sources, from highly structured to seemingly no structure at all. You will work closely with the engineering and data science teams to transform data from these sources into usable data.
What you’ll be responsible for
- As a Tech Lead for data extraction, you will lead the system design, development, implementation, and ongoing improvements of tools used for data extraction.
- You will provide guidance for scoping and prioritising tasks related to application and tool development within a team of software engineers and machine learning engineers.
- You will participate in company technical planning as a stakeholder for data extraction priorities and needs
- You will vigilantly identify errors and help define technical solutions.
- Your platform and tools must support prototyping and adapt to changing technical requirements and conditions.
- You will help satisfy the goals by utilising a wide range of technologies.
- You will be the senior person who shares knowledge and helps the team develop their programming skills.
What we’re looking for
- Creative and intellectually curious mindset with multiple years of hands-on experience building and designing tooling for extracting information, be it web scraping, text extraction, or sentiment analysis.
- Experience as a technical lead or demonstrated leadership in contributing to application development.
- Experience designing solution architecture across a variety of technologies, including cloud deployment.
- Strong agile mindset – iterate fast and get feedback early.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring other team members.
- Excellent at communicating, including technical documentation and presenting work across a variety of audiences.
- Proficient and experienced in Python (PANDAS, Numpy).
- Thorough understanding of data structures.
- Flexible, resourceful, and a reliable team player.
- Positive attitude.
- Desire and eagerness to contribute to the success of the company and grow along with it.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Bonus points for
- Experience building tools or platforms directly related to data extraction and/or that support machine learning techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of xPath and RegEx.
- Understanding of document structures, especially PDF files.
- Experience in developing and monitoring long running python jobs.
- AWS Lambda or other serverless platforms.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Personal learning budget.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need.
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego.
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!