GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Data team and work on bringing data engineering to a new level.
You will work alongside Data Scientists on model development and software engineers to bring the data to our customers. You will orchestrate data pipelines, define data models, create company-wide standards, and influence overall product development. You will actively participate in the development of our Data Science computing platform and in the productizing the data.
You’ll join the stellar Geophy Data Engineering Hub, where you’ll be able to do all of the above while having a lot of fun with colleagues from all over the world, and all the room you need to learn and grow as a world-class Data Engineer.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Advice on the right way to apply standards and methods, ensuring compliance.
- Maintain technical responsibility for all the stages and iterations of a development project.
- Work in close partnership with senior leadership to influence the overall technical growth.
- Write code (Python, SQL) to evolve ETL processes.
- Provide direction to our data engineering and architecture efforts.
- Determine the right tooling to do the job based on the requirements and technology fit.
- Collaborate on the requirements and align across the teams on the architecture of the solution.
- Create and maintain analytics data pipelines that generate data and insights to power business decision-making.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years as a data engineer.
- Extensive knowledge of BI concepts (i.e. ETL, dimensional modeling, data warehouse design, dashboarding).
- Extensive knowledge of database query languages, database design, optimizing queries, internal knowledge of query planning. Think about Postgres, Dynamo.
- Experience with distributed computing (Spark, EMR).
Bonus points for
- People management experience.
- Tech lead experience.
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization.
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!