GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Financial Controller will build, manage, and run the operational finance function in a high-growth, scaling business that is expanding into multiple geographies.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Supervise the accounting team in their day to day activities and proactively look for potential process improvements and ways to automate day to day operations;
- Act as the primary go-to person for the business in terms of support, clarification and assisting with questions;
- Initiate and manage the month, quarter, and year-end financial activities including the consolidation and drawing up of the financial statements as well as the monthly management reporting;
- Review and draw balance sheet reconciliations and deliver summary reconciliation reports to the VP of Finance;
- Perform monthly and ad-hoc analyses for budget to actual differences. Provide sound explanations, and support the business with their budget analyses.
- Collaborate with the People and Culture team to ensure that all deductions and payroll activities are compliant with payroll laws;
- Liaise with external firms such as auditors and tax authorities for the annual audit and tax filings in the various jurisdictions;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining up to date work processes and control documentation.
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of 5 years of post-qualified experience in financial accounting, consolidations, and reporting within a dynamic business environment. Ideally your scope experience and ambition reach beyond financial control;
- Qualified RA/RC/ACA/CPA or comparable, trained at one of the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms before transitioning to industry (mandatory);
- Currently residing in the Netherlands with knowledge of local Dutch legislation, tax rulings and subsidies (e.g. WBSO);
- Full English working proficiency combined with basic Dutch proficiency at a minimum (mandatory);
- Proven technical knowledge and tech savviness – you like to work with tooling in order to make our processes and work more efficient;
- The ability to drive key accounting cycles processes;
- Management experience alongside evidence of successfully implementing business and process changes;
- A self-starting professional with lots of initiative, energy and personal motivation, happy to take on responsibilities, while taking pride in your work;
- Confident oral presentation and communication skills enabling you to to influence, persuade, negotiate, motivate, and agree commitments with colleagues in a high-pressure environment;
- Approachable and able to coach and assist colleagues with varying backgrounds with problems related to accounting;
- A flexible, well organized and structured way of working; the ability to work in a dynamic environment with ever changing goals;
- The ability to prioritize and make sound decisions for the team;
- Confident working remotely; not afraid to ask questions in order to ensure both goals and processes are clear.
Please note: We have a strong preference for candidates with some of their experience gained in start up / scaleup environments.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization;
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately;
- Personal learning budget;
- Pension plan with company contributions;
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location;
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need;
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination;
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company;
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego!
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!