GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
As an Engineering Manager you will be leading the engineering capacity of one of our product lines. The teams are made up of a diverse group of data, software and quality assurance engineers of varied seniority levels. You will achieve success through empowering and unblocking the team members, driving growth and satisfaction across multiple agile teams. You will collaborate together with lead engineers, product owners and other engineering managers to drive technology and cultural changes throughout the organization.
By fostering a focussed environment with a clear technical vision, and servant leadership mindset, you build and maintain high performing software development teams.
The impact you will have
- You deliver product features coordinating across data pipeline, API and web application development teams.
- You develop and empower technical leaders and engineers in their journey towards technical mastery.
- You provide the technical “North Star” for the teams and create a structured roadmap on how to get there.
- You enrich engineers’ job satisfaction through involvement and refinement of all aspects of engineers’ experience within the company: recruitment, onboarding, day-to-day working modus, appraisal and career growth planning.
- You provide a transparent reporting line on progress to both team members and stakeholders, removing surprises in delivery cycles.
- You enforce quality of execution within engineering, defining and adhering to best practices, KPIs and SLAs.
- You shield the team from context switching within their work, allowing them to focus on delivering value.
- You role model GeoPhy values and way of working, driving ownership and accountability within the teams.
What we’re looking for
- 2 or more years experience building and leading multiple teams of engineers with 12 – 15 direct reports.
- 5 or more years experience developing distributed cloud software at scale.
- Experience in one or more of the following tech stack: Python, PHP, React.js/Vue.js, Scala, Spark.
- Experience recruiting and coaching skilled engineers, ability to uplevel existing team by growing leaders and helping struggling members.
- Natural leadership and communicative qualities; ability to form teams greater than the sum of their parts.
- Broad knowledge of Agile methodologies and their applications.
- Experience of driving, succeeding (and sometimes failing) with strategic technical initiatives.
- Comfort working cross-functionally with product management, data science and go-to market teams.
- Deep understanding of how the web works from request to response.
- BS in Computer Science, Math or related technical field.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
Bonus points for
- Experience leading in both small and large organizations.
- Experience in the PropTech domain.
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization.
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!