GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to run our Quality and Release Engineering team to help bring our testing, continuous integration and deployment solutions to the next level.
As an Engineering Manager you will work alongside our development, data science and infrastructure teams to define the future of our development, testing and deployment practices, helping create their vision for the product.
You will be a full time manager who provides engineering expertise and guidance to your team and growing their careers.
You will join the stellar Geophy Engineering team, where you will be able to do all of the above while having a lot of fun with colleagues from all over the world and all the room you need to learn and grow as a world-class Engineering Manager.
The impact you will have
- Create development and test solutions for common design patterns by facilitating discussion and decisions, ensuring that standards meet company and project goals and requirements
- Establish robust processes for deploying and releasing new features to production consistently and reliably
- Educate and evangelize solutions and standards across the Engineering organization
- Enforce quality of execution within engineering, defining and adhering to best practices, KPIs and SLAs
- Enrich engineers’ job satisfaction through involvement and refinement of all aspects of the company: recruitment, onboarding, day-to-day working modus, appraisal and career growth planning
- Shield the team from context switching within their work, allowing them to focus on delivering value
- Exemplify GeoPhy values and way of working, driving ownership and accountability within the teams
What we’re looking for
- 2 or more years experience building and leading teams
- 8 or more years of software development experience
- Working knowledge of software testing best practices
- Familiarity with building and releasing software in an agile development environment
- Experience setting up and building continuous integration and deployment solutions (GitLab, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks (Selenium, Cucumber, Pact, Cypress, etc.)
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Demonstrable experience of influencing and driving Engineering strategy
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
Bonus points for
- Experience in both small and large scale applications
- Experience in real-estate domain
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!