GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps/SRE Manager to run our Security and Infrastructure Operations team and work on bringing our infrastructure to the next level.
You will work alongside our other engineering leads to define the future of our infrastructure while growing SIO team members and improving their performance. You will be a full time manager who provides engineering expertise and guidance to your team and who helps other engineering leads create their vision for the product. You will define the security and operational requirements for our products and ensure that GeoPhy can continue to scale.
You’ll join the stellar Geophy Engineering team, where you’ll be able to do all of the above while having a lot of fun with colleagues from all over the world, and all the room you need to learn and grow as a world-class DevOps/SRE Manager.
The impact you will have
- Team performance management & leadership: Focusing on the performance and output of the organization, this includes business KPI and SLA setting and management.
- People Development: Understand and guide people in their personal development by creating and managing PDPs (personal development plans).
- Individual performance management: Managing the performance of teammates, including goal setting with them, assessment, running PIPs (performance improvement plans) and also recommend people for promotion or other career changes.
- Infrastructure reliability, security and scale: The creation of system design and architecture by facilitating discussion and decisions, ensuring that designs meet company and project goals and requirements.
- Quality of execution of engineering including defining and adhering to best practices, technical KPIs and SLAs.
- Role modeling Geophy values and way of working.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams of Engineers (15+ people).
- Experience with service oriented architecture (SOA)Experience working with AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Demonstrable experience shaping products from conception through to delivery at scale.
- Demonstrable experience of working in Agile environments and more importantly an Agile culture and ethos.
- Well versed in Engineering Craftsmanship and quality including design patterns.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing and driving Engineering strategy.
- Natural leader and communicator who is collaborative and builds great relationships.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
Bonus points for
- Experience in both small and large scale applications.
- Experience in real-estate domain.
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!