GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team and work on taking our data engineering to the next level.
As a Data Engineer within GeoPhy, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining our pipelines to ingest and process data; working alongside Data Scientists on model development and Software Engineers to bring the data to our customers. You will actively participate in the development of our data platform and assist the team in creating new data pipelines, ensuring the highest quality of data delivered.
You will join the stellar GeoPhy Data Engineering Hub, where you will be able to do all of the above while having a lot of fun with colleagues from all over the world, and all the room you need to learn and grow as a world-class Data Engineer.
The impact you will have
- You work on data extraction architectures and infrastructure for data sourcing, scraping structured and unstructured documents.
- You find ways to merge newly discovered data with existing data.
- You identify possibilities to automate the processes where possible.
- You create and maintain optimal data pipeline architectures.
- You assemble complex data sets that meet the functional requirements of GeoPhy.
- You work with cross-functional teams to assist with related technical issues, supporting GeoPhy’s data infrastructure needs to achieve greater functionality in our data systems.
- You ensure the safety and integrity of our data across geographic boundaries.
- You actively participate in planning, stand-ups, and retrospective meetings.
What we’re looking for
- Good knowledge of data ETL and processing techniques.
- Solid understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.) and relational storage concepts.
- Experience with Python (3.5 and later).
- Organized and structured working process.
- Able to agree to and deliver to realistic deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills.
- Strong agile mindset, able to iterate fast and give early feedback.
- Desire and eagerness to contribute to the success of the company and grow along with it.
Bonus points for
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Apache Airflow.
- Experience building with Docker and orchestrating with Kubernetes.
- Geospatial data engineering skills.
What we’re offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization.
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!