Greater New York City Area
Data Engineer - Value Models
GeoPhy is a technology led business focused on providing actionable data, analytics and valuations to commercial real estate institutional lenders and investors in the financial sector. Our technology provides data and insight that helps drive acquisition due diligence, current book monitoring, and site selection review. GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector
As a GeoPhy Data Fusion Engineer, you will be responsible for combining our various data streams to support the data modelling efforts. The ideal candidate is an experienced Data Wrangler, having worked with data from financial and spatial domains. You will support our data scientists on data initiatives and exploration, and will ensure that optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
What you'll be responsible for
- Work on data extraction architectures and infrastructure for data sourcing (including scraping structured and unstructured documents, as well as web scraping).
- Find ways to merge newly discovered data with existing data.
- Help automate the process where possible.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble complex data sets that meet the functional requirements of GeoPhy.
- Work with cross-functional agile teams to assist with related technical issues, and support GeoPhy's data infrastructure needs to achieve greater functionality in our data systems.
- Ensure the safety and integrity of our data across geographic boundaries.
- Attend planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospective meetings.
What we're looking for
- Strong domain knowledge of data extraction and processing techniques
- Proficiency with Python
- Understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL etc.) and relational storage concepts (like indexing, foreign keys, relational diagramming, stored procedures)
- Understanding of geospatial data
- Professional proficiency in English
- Organised and structured working process
- Able to agree to and deliver to realistic deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
- Eager to learn and share knowledge
- Ability to give and receive direction
Bonus points for
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with data dimensionality reduction techniques
- Ability to work with semantic databases
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Personal learning budget.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need.
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination,
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego.
If you're convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!
Department: Data Science
Location: Greater New York City Area