GeoPhy is a technology led business focused on providing actionable data, analytics and valuations to commercial real estate institutional lenders and investors in the financial sector. Our technology provides data and insight that helps drive acquisition due diligence, current book monitoring, and site selection review. GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for a AWS Cloud Hero to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure on AWS. You will be part of a team creating and maintaining mission critical infrastructure, ensuring availability, performance and security. We use AWS as well as an on-premise environment for testing. We are currently moving a part of our running services into a flexible Docker/Kubernetes setup that should allow our platform to scale matching the data flowing through it.
What you'll be responsible for
- Design, setup and manage our AWS Services including the fleet of EC2 instances, VPC's, AWS lambda etc.
- Design, setup and manage deployment environments for Java, Ruby, PHP and Python.
- Continually automate, monitor and improve our deployment processes.
- Design, setup and manage Docker/Kubernetes.
- Identify opportunities and bring solutions to day-to-day challenges.
- Explore the AWS product suite to support our business (AWS Neptune, AWS SageMaker etc).
- Contribute in a positive way to the atmosphere within the team.
- Deployment and provisioning of our current and future infrastructure includes:
- Databases: Postgresql, Mysql, Stardog, ElasticSearch.
- Applications: Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, NodeJS.
- Web content delivery: Apache, Nginx, AWS Cloudfront.
What we're looking for
- Ability to build reliable and scalable infrastructure via IaaS (Terraform).
- Proficiency in Terraform.
- Ability to advise technical teams through design and implementation, with a focus on Kubernetes.
- Experience in Public Cloud deployments on AWS.
- Linux System administration experience.
- CLI scripting skills (Bash).
- Working knowledge of system monitoring tools.
- Independently driven, proactive, accountable, and reliable team player.
- Full working proficiency in English.
- International mind-set.
Bonus points for
- Knowledge on virtualisation and containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, KVM).
- Knowledge of: SELinux administration, Networking.
- Experience with: Maven, SonarQube, Kafka.
What's in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Personal learning budget.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need.
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego.