GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
As a Data Extraction Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining tooling for the extraction of data from a variety of sources, from highly structured to seemingly no structure at all. You will work closely with the engineering and data science teams to transform data from these sources into usable data.
What you’ll be responsible for
- You will be in charge of developing extraction tooling for a wide range of sources.
- You will design systems to be highly automated and adapt to changing conditions.
- You will take charge of your own work and proactively suggest improvements across the range of tooling.
- You will vigilantly identify errors and help define technical solutions.
- You will help satisfy the goals by utilising a wide range of technologies.
What we’re looking for
- Strong agile mindset - iterate fast and get feedback early
- Proven experience in Python (PANDAS, Numpy)
- Thorough understanding of data structures
- Ability to work on projects using Git
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Previous experience building tooling for extracting information, be it web scraping, text extraction, or sentiment analyses
- Positive attitude
- Desire and eagerness to contribute to the success of the company and grow along with it
- Hands-on mentality
Bonus points for
- Extensive knowledge of xPath and RegEx
- Understanding of document structures, especially PDF files
- Experience in developing and monitoring long running python jobs
- AWS Lambda or other serverless platforms
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Personal learning budget.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need.
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego.