GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
As a Geophy Software Architect - Platform, you will be responsible for defining componentized, metadata-driven architecture for our Data Management Platform. The typical pipeline encompasses data extraction and ETL components as well as geospatial processing elements.
You will be responsible for designing a set of reusable "plug and play" components that can be shared across multiple pipelines to accelerate the pipeline delivery. You will also be responsible for designing our service mesh and Product facing APIs.
As an Architect, you will be assisting the Product Owners in defining priorities, and provide technical leadership to the teams that build the data pipelines. You will provide your input to the product roadmap from a feature and technical perspective, ensure teams’ adherence to architectural design.
What you'll be responsible for
- Breaking down the existing Data Ingestion into sets of reusable, loosely coupled components.
- Performing root-cause analysis, identifying problem areas.
- Designing the metadata-driven solutions for each component and defining the configuration requirements.
- Breaking down the solution into deliverables, design the technical specifications.
- Working with Product Owners to align the priorities and sequence of the delivery of various solution components.
- Assisting in research, design and development of product features.
- Ensuring alignment between the Data Integration and other architecture domains (Semantic Architecture, Data Science solutions, Data Processing solutions).
- Architecting Product API and Public API to improve the speed and flexibility of product development delivery.
What we're looking for
- Working experience with Graph, Relational and NoSql databases.
- Proven experience in Software Architecture domain, with specific focus on Data Ingestion, Data Provisioning, or Data Management.
- Proven experience with designing metadata-driven solutions.
- Proven ability to deliver reliable, maintainable, performant software.
- Familiarity with Architecture Delivery Frameworks (e.g. Togaf).
- Experience with Python.
- Proven experience with building scaling up solutions to serve microservice architecture.
- Proven experience on Kafka streams pipelines service and parallelization of data streams.
- Experience with delivery in Agile environments.
- Understanding of geospatial data.
- Strong command of English language.
- Ability to work efficiently in distributed teams.
- Strong technical mentorship skills.
- Ability to quickly acquire new technical skills.
Bonus points for
- Understanding RDF / Semantic Paradigm.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure architecture topics, namely: data pipeline monitoring and execution status visibility scaling of data integration components.
- Open to perform hands-on participation in team coding.
- Using project management and bug tracking tools.
What's in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Personal learning budget.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need.
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego.
If you're convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!