GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
What you’ll be working on
As Engineering Manager you’ll be responsible for leading the organization that builds our customer-facing web solutions. You’ll achieve results via empowering and unblocking others, grow and improve the team with the focus on individual performance on key deliverables.
What you'll be responsible for
- Team performance management; set-up of business KPI & SLA management.Individual performance management: understand and guide your teams in their personal development by creating and managing personal development plans.
- Role modeling Geophy values and way of working
- Web solution reliability, security and scaling.
- Create system design and architecture by facilitating discussion and decisions. You are not the one who's designing the solution yourself, but you are responsible that it will be done by the team.
- Quality of execution of engineering. This includes defining and adhering to best practices, technical KPIs and SLAs.
What we're looking for
- Experience with leading teams of Engineers (12+ people)
- Natural leader and communicator who is collaborative and builds great relationships
- Experience with shaping products from concept to deliverable at scale
- Proven ability to influence and driving an Engineering strategy
- Demonstrated experience being a thought partner for Product and the Business
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Personal learning budget.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need.
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego.
Bonus points for
- Experience in both small and large scale applications
- Experience in real-estate domain
- Ability and willingness to navigate ambiguity
If you're convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!