GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for a Kubernetes Keeper to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a team creating and maintaining mission critical infrastructure, ensuring availability, performance and security. You will work closely together with our team of engineers to get our Data Management Platform running . We use AWS as well as an on-premise environment for testing. We are currently moving a part of our running services into a flexible Docker/Kubernetes setup that should allow our platform to scale matching the data flowing through it. Your job would primarily be to design and main the cluster
What you'll be responsible for
- Design, Engineer and Maintain our Kubernetes clusters on AWS.
- Keep a healthy balance between performance and costs.
- Continually automate, monitor and improve our usage.
- Identify opportunities and bring solutions to day-to-day challenges.
- Contribute in a positive way to the atmosphere within the team.
- Deployment and provisioning of our current and future infrastructure includes:
- Databases: Postgresql, Mysql, Stardog, ElasticSearch.
- Applications: Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, NodeJS.
- Web content delivery: Apache, Nginx, AWS Cloudfront.
What we're looking for
- Knowledge on virtualisation and containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, KVM) and experience running this in production.
- Ability to advise technical teams through design and implementation, with a focus on Kubernetes.
- Experience in Public Cloud deployments on AWS.
- Linux System administration experience.
- CLI scripting skills (Bash).
- Working knowledge of system monitoring tools.
- Independently driven, proactive, accountable, and reliable team player.
- Full working proficiency in English.
- International mind-set.
Bonus points for
- Ability to design, development and maintain a high performing CI/CD process in GitLab.
- Proficiency in: Terraform, Python.
- Knowledge of: SELinux administration, Networking.
What we give you
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Personal learning budget.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need.
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego.
If you're convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!