GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
As a GeoPhy Data Engineer - Value Models, you will be responsible for combining our various data streams to support the data modeling efforts. The ideal candidate has experience with data extraction, transformation and wrangling, having worked with data from financial and spatial domains. You will support our data scientists on data initiatives and exploration, and will ensure that optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
What you'll be responsible for
- Work on data extraction architectures and infrastructure for data sourcing (including scraping structured and unstructured documents, as well as web scraping).
- Find ways to merge newly discovered data with existing data.
- Help automate the process where possible.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble complex data sets that meet the functional requirements of GeoPhy.
- Work with cross-functional agile teams to assist with related technical issues, and support GeoPhy's data infrastructure needs to achieve greater functionality in our data systems.
- Ensure the safety and integrity of our data across geographic boundaries.
- Attend planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospective meetings.
What we're looking for
- Strong domain knowledge of data ETL and processing techniques.
- Proficiency with Python.
- Understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL etc.) and relational storage concepts (like indexing, foreign keys, relational diagramming, stored procedures).
- Understanding of geospatial data.
- Professional proficiency in English.
- Organised and structured working process.
- Able to agree to and deliver to realistic deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills .
- Eager to learn and share knowledge.
- Ability to give and receive direction.
Bonus points for
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Kafka (and Scala).
- Familiarity with data dimensionality reduction techniques.
- Ability to work with semantic databases.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Personal learning budget.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
- No annual leave allowance; take time off whenever you need.
- We embrace diversity and foster inclusion. This means we have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination.
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company.
- Get involved in board games, books, and lego.